Maxton Health is pleased to offer top-quality, liquid Zinc supplements to our Maxton Health line of products. In addition to our natural zinc, Maxton Health sells a super-potent packed Ultra Concentrate with Elderberry + Vitamin C for the maximum immunity boost.
Elderberry is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that may boost your immune system. They can help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart, too. Some experts recommend elderberry to help prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms. Zinc is responsible for over 200 chemical and enzymatic productions in the body. It supports the nervous system and helps metabolize proteins, fats, carbohydrates. Zinc also supports the growth, development, and maintenance of body tissues. Vitamin C plays a role in many body functions. It is extremely important for immune system support wound
healing and maintenance of bones and teeth. It helps to repair body tissues, absorb iron, form collagen and can also help with high blood pressure and heart disease.
Potential Benefits of Zinc (from HEALTHLINE MAGAZINE)
Zinc is vital for many aspects of health and has been associated with a variety of benefits.
May Improve Immune Function
– Many over-the-counter medications and natural remedies feature zinc due to its ability to boost immune function and fight inflammation.
– One review of seven studies showed that zinc lozenges containing 80-92 mg of zinc may reduce common cold duration by up to 33%.
– Zinc may also act as an antioxidant, helping reduce inflammation and protecting against chronic conditions, such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
– One study in 50 older adults found that taking 45 mg of zinc gluconate for one year decreased several markers of inflammation and reduced the frequency of infections.
May Promote Blood Sugar Control
– Zinc is well known for its role in blood sugar control and insulin secretion. Insulin is the hormone responsible for transporting sugar from your bloodstream to your tissues.
– Some research suggests that zinc may help keep blood sugar levels steady and improve your body’s sensitivity to insulin.
– One review reported that zinc supplements were effective at enhancing both short-term and long-term blood sugar control in people with diabetes.
– Other research shows that zinc may help reduce insulin resistance, which can improve your body’s ability to use insulin efficiently to maintain normal blood sugar levels.
Helps Fight Acne
– Zinc supplements are often used to promote skin health and treat common skin conditions like acne.
– Zinc sulfate has been shown to be especially useful for decreasing symptoms of severe acne.
– A 3-month study in 332 people found that taking 30 mg of elemental zinc — a term that refers to the actual amount of zinc found in a supplement — was effective at treating inflammatory acne.
– Zinc supplements are also often favored over other treatment methods as they’re inexpensive, effective, and associated with far fewer side effects.
May Improve Heart Health
– Heart disease is a serious problem, accounting for roughly 33% of deaths worldwide.
– Some research shows that taking zinc may improve several risk factors for heart disease and may even lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
– A review of 24 studies found that zinc supplements helped decrease levels of total and “bad” LDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides, which could potentially aid in preventing heart disease.
– Additionally, one study in 40 young women showed that higher intakes of zinc were linked to lower levels of systolic blood pressure (the top number of a reading). However, research evaluating the effects of supplements on blood pressure is limited.
– Other research suggests that low levels of serum zinc may be associated with a higher risk of coronary heart disease, but findings remain inconclusive.
Slows Macular Degeneration
– Macular degeneration is a common eye disease and one of the leading causes of vision loss around the globe.
– Zinc supplements are often used to slow the progression of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and help protect against vision loss and blindness.
– One study in 72 people with AMD showed that taking 50 mg of zinc sulfate daily for three months slowed the progression of the disease. Similarly, another review of 10 studies reported that supplementing with zinc was effective at reducing the risk of progression to advanced macular degeneration.
– However, other studies in the review suggested that zinc supplements alone may not produce significant vision improvements and should be paired with other treatment options to maximize results (26Trusted Source).
Adults take 10 drops daily with 12oz of water or juice, mixed well. Children should take no more than half the recommended adult dosage based on size, age. DO NOT TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. MUST BE DILUTED. Do not use if tamper-evident seal is missing or broken. Shake well before using. CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Always speak with your physician before taking dietary supplements if you are currently on medications.